Robert Mahoney, MD, CCS-P
Associate Professor of Medicine
- Consulting Physician, Rehabilitation Institute of St. Louis
- B.A., Psychology: Princeton University, Princeton, NJ (1993)
- Medical Degree: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO (1997)
- Residency, Internal Medicine: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO (2000)
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Patient Safety and Quality Star Award Barnes-Jewish Hospital, 2005
- Discussant, Senior Clinical Pathologic Conference, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, 2000
- Miller-Schroeder Memorial Thesis Prize, Princeton University, 1993
Hospital medicine, inpatient care
Sharma, Y., and Mahoney, R., Approach to the patient with vertigo. In Ciesielski, T, ed. The Washington Manual General Internal Medicine Consult. 3rd Ed. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer; 2017.
Sum, M., and Mahoney, R., Coding and documentation. In Fondahn, E, De Fer, TM, Lane, M, and Vannucci, A, eds. The Washington Manual of Patient Safety and Quality Improvement. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer; 2016.
Bardowell, R., and Mahoney, R., Wheezing: Asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and more. Hospital Medicine Clinics 2015:4(3): 297-312.
Mahoney, R., Approach to the patient with vertigo. In Cislo GS, De Fer TM, eds. The Washington Manual General Internal Medicine Consult. 2nd Ed. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer; 2008.
Mahoney, R., The trouble with DRGs, part 2. Journal of AHIMA 2005:76(3): 64-66.
Mahoney, R., The trouble with DRGs, part 1. Journal of AHIMA 2005:76(2): 66-68.
Agha, I., Mahoney, R., Beardslee, M., Liapis, H., Cowart, R.G., and Juknevicius, I., Systemic amyloidosis associated with pleomorphic sarcoma of the spleen and remission of the nephrotic syndrome after the removal of the tumor. American Journal of Kidney Diseases 2002:40: 411-415.